What is Landscape Gardening?
Landscape Gardening is the art and practice of laying out grounds in a way which is visually appealing or which imitates natural scenery.
How much does Landscape Gardening cost?
To hire a professional landscape gardener can cost anywhere from $400 – $10,000+ depending on the scale of the job. To do it yourself can cost almost next to nothing although the time it takes to learn should be seen as an investment towards a healthier life.
What is the Cheapest way to Landscape your Garden?
The cheapest way to landscape your garden is to do it yourself.
What do you Need to Landscape your own Garden?
You need some basic tools and an idea of what you want to accomplish. Basic tools can be bought relatively cheap and no doubt you already have some plans for creating your perfect outdoor space.
What are the Essential Landscape Gardening Tools?
You don’t need the best landscaping tools to be the best landscape gardener. Here are my recommendations to get started without breaking the bank:
- Spade or Shovel – True Temper True American Garden Spade
- Fork – Truper Tru Pro Spading Fork
- Wheel Barrow – Gorilla Carts Poly Garden Dump Cart with Steel Frame
- Secateurs – Professional Pruning Shears By Doolini Nature
- Gloves – Bionic Blooms Gardening Gloves
- Trowel – Fiskars Ergo Trowel
- Pruning Saw – Bahco 7.5 Inch Folding Pruning Saw
- Hedge Shears – ARS HS-KR1000 Professional Hedge Shears
- Trug – Tubtrugs SP75GBK Gorilla Black XL 75 Liter Trug
- Lopper – Fiskars 32-Inch PowerGear Bypass Lopper
- Weeder or Mattock – Flexrake CLA105 Classic Flower and Vegetable Tiller
- Rake – Bully Tools 92309 12-Gauge 16-Inch Bow Rake
- Hoe – Spear & Jackson Kew Collection Stainless Dutch Hoe
- Edger – Radius Garden 206 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Edger
- Watering Can – Fiskars 2.6 Gallon Easy Pour Black Watering Can
How to Start landscaping your Garden with Zero Skills and Knowledge?
Simple. Learn the basic skills needed to accomplish the task at hand. There are literally tens of thousands of free articles, videos, and forums online to help you get started. You don’t need to learn everything there is to know about landscape gardening at the beginning. Focus on one task at a time, when you have finished your garden you will be somewhat of an expert.
What is the Fastest way to Learn Landscape Gardening?
If you don’t fancy sifting through all the free content online, you can get a quick and easy guide from places like Ideas 4 Landscaping. Their particular guide is also used by many professional landscapers as a starting point for any new design job. It is the go to blueprint system that works for any size garden and is super easy to follow.
Where can I find Examples of Garden Landscaping?
Places like Pinterest and Instagram are great for discovering fresh and exciting inspiration on a daily basis. You can also download the Landscape Gardeners Database of over 7000+ designs from here if you are ready to start working but can’t decide how everything should look.
Get Started Today
If the sun is shining and you don’t have to be at work then get yourself out in the garden and get back to nature. What are you waiting for?